For those of you planning to do your first Pub Jog, a few tips...
- Clothing.. Always order a Pub Jog t-shirt (essential) but apart from that there
is running involved so wear suitable clothing and trainers. The winter Pub Jog can be particularly
cold so jogging bottoms or tracksters are a good idea.
- Don't go off too fast... Best piece of advice for the novice is PACE YOURSELF.
The Pub Jog should not be treated lightly, if you drink too much early on you will suffer as the
evening gets on.. you may be tempted to keep with the guys who've done it before but trust me,
know your limits! If you're a first year you've got another couple of years of these things
to improve your beer intake!
- Tea-total...? Although the Pub Jog is primarily an excuse for excessive drink
don't be put off if you're not a great drinker. There is no pressure to complete the 'pint a pub'
challenge and no shame in taking it easy for whatever reason.
- I think I'm gonna.... Drinks to avoid, or at least avoid too many
of are Guinness, wine (just ask Rowena) and too many shorts. While moving down
to shorts in the latter stages is sometimes an excellent
plan to alleviate the
sheer volume of beer problem, shorts stay in your system longer ergo you
absorb more of the alcohol.
- Hmmmmm.... Bikes... bad idea. This is a Pub JOG not a Pub CYCLE.. in the past it
has been known for bikes of offending people to end up in the most unlikely of places!
- Please.... The various pubs are always very accommodating for us (except for the
Phantom Coach that did ban us for a couple of years!!!) so please do not remove glasses from
- Most of all... ENJOY YOURSELF!